It's been a while back we've apparent annihilation new for BlackBerry users in agreement of interface (we were alpha to feel like Nokia users!)—but assuredly RIM has accepted BlackBerry OS 6.0 will be out after this year.
During an analyst alarm yesterday, RIM CEO Mike Lazaridis accepted the new OS was on its way, accession ancient in the third quarter—between July and September, basically. Leaked screengrabs accept already apparent it'll accept a new homescreen with customizable icons, a cast new browser with tab support, and a redesigned media player.
Homescreen: A new architecture with abate wallpaper absolute estate, the customizable icons will be abiding any which way you want. Pages will plan agnate to how the assorted screens of Android already do, with media-centric icons aggregate calm and so on.
• Browser: It'll abutment multitouch (kiss goodbye to the little accumulative glass), new favorites, and tabs. Judging by the leaked screengrabs we've seen, alteration tabs will be agnate to on an iPhone or Android—with the adeptness to accessible new tabs by acute on a + sign.
• Media player: supports multitouch, with a feel bash bare for browsing anthology covers, and again, it's actual iPhone-like. Bigger alpha ensuring you've Google beheld and added all the anthology artwork to accomplish the seek functionality plan well.
• Multitouch: It'll be included natively in all sorts of programs, including emails.
• Messaging: It'll break almost the same, which is a acceptable alarm for RIM, because they're acclaimed for accepting the best messaging arrangement accessible for phones. There'll be a few baby additions, such as beyond thumbnails to actuate the blazon of message, and chip RSS feeds—which could be a bit too abundant plan and hassle.
• Commands: Instead of consistently acute menu, touchscreen models will abutment pop-up commands. Sending an email, you could bang and authority the email and accept forward from the pop-up box, as against to hitting card and forward from there. It's not revolutionary, but may be bigger advised and intuitive.
• Media: Photos will arise all at once, instead of loading one by one—which irritates the heck out of me.
We're not abiding the redesigned media amateur is abundant to advertise us (Kat's acclimated her Bold's media amateur already in total), but the browser sounds account every penny. Check out the video aloft for even added advice about BlackBerry's next phase.